Bloomer VFW & American Legion
Marin A. Treptow, American Legion, Post 295
James Quinn, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 6175
Bloomer, WI - Activities Profile
Monthly meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month starting at 7:00 P.M. at the Veteran’s Memorial Clubhouse. The annual Christmas Party serves as the December meeting.
Current Officers of the American Legion:
- Commander: Dennis Rubenzer
- 1st Vice-Commander: Jerry Davis
- 2nd Vice-Commander: Marvin Zwiefelhofer
- 3rd Vice-Commander: Marvin Weber
- 4th Vice-Commander: Len Sinz
- Adjutant: Jim Hudacek
Current Officers of the Veterans of Foreign Wars:
- Commander: Gordy Johnson
- Quartermaster: Jim Zwiefelhofer
- Conduct burial services with including presentation of flag display case.
- Host Memorial Day Services and reception.
- Participate in local parades.
- Participate in Veteran’s Day Program.
- Conduct American flag disposal ceremony.
- Sponsor Scouts.
- Sponsor Bloomer American Legion Baseball team.
- Present American Legion Citizenship Award at high school graduation.
- Provide an annual scholarship to a graduating senior.
- Coordinate a display booth during the Bloomer Fair.
- Provide Color Guard within the Bloomer community upon request.
- Conduct a Fourth of July ceremony to local nursing homes.
- Participate in the Love Light Tree.
- Co-host an annual Christmas party.
- Provide Flags for Main Street.
- Sponsor two Bloomer High School students for attendance at Badger Boys State.
- Coordinate area Blue Star Banner Program.
- Comradeship with other veterans.
- Send monthly care package to area service members experiencing combat deployment.
- Assist with community Mission Welcome Home.
- Host an annual benefits update meeting with Chippewa County Veterans Service Officer.
- Provide subscription of Legion magazine for the Bloomer Library.
- Participate in an annual community service project.
- Host County American Legion meeting during the month of April
- Contribute financial support to Girl Scouts, United Way, and others
- Support the Northern Wisconsin Veterans Cemetery
- Attend district and state conferences
- Lobby public officials for Veterans Affairs
- State and National magazines
- Reduced rates on insurance, motels, and car rentals
Working with other community members, the American Legion is promoting the development of a Veterans Memorial/Tribute for the Bloomer area. The project involves public relations, planning development of an appropriate site, designing an appealing memorial, construction labor, and fund-raising. For more information on the Veteran's Memorial, please visit: Bloomer Veterans Memorial
Women's Club- Arts & Craft Fair
Saturday, October 15, 2011
United Methodist Church Fall Harvest & Costume Party
Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Children's Halloween Party
Monday, October 31, 2011
Gifts For Kids Program
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
Saturday, November 05, 2011
Light Up The Park Opening
Friday, November 25, 2011
Early Bird Sales
Friday, November 25, 2011
United Methodist Church Christmas Bizarre
Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM
[ Event Calendar ]